ALMOND & BANANA ICE CREAM
This almond & banana ice cream is surprisingly quick to make, easy to serve and a great cooling, crowd-pleasing treat for the summer!
- 4 bananas
- 30ml almond milk
- 50g sliced almonds
- 50g rolled oats
- 10g chia seeds
- 10 scoops Ensure Nutrivigor Plant-Based1 (use the scoop provided in the tin)
- 30g puffed quinoa
- 40g honey
- 20g agave syrup
- 10g cacao flakes
- 100g mango puree
Makes: 4 servings
Allergens: Contains almonds, almond milk and gluten.
For garnish: Ensure Nutrivigor Plant-Based1
- The day before serving, cut the bananas into pieces and roughly mash, then add Ensure Nutrivigor Plant-Based1 and almond milk and mix well. Freeze the mixture.
- The next day, take the mixture out of the freezer and let it thaw slightly. Use a hand blender to smooth, then put back in the freezer.
- Place the flaked almonds, rolled oats, chia seeds and puffed quinoa in a bowl and mix thoroughly with the honey and syrup to create a granola.
- Place the granola mixture on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- For a creamy consistency, mix the ice cream again just before serving. Serve in a small dish and add mango sauce with a generous sprinkle of the granola, cacao nibs and Ensure Nutrivigor Plant-Based1
Please note when cooking with or freezing Ensure Nutrivigor, there may be a minor loss of some nutrients. Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional. Made with plant-based protein from soy, rice, and quinoa.