Tasty Cottage Pie
This cottage pie recipe ticks all the boxes with flavours galore. Made with earthy vegetables, chunky potatoes, and succulent minced beef, dive into this dish with joy.
- 6 scoops Ensure NutriVigor, vanilla flavour (use the scoop provided in the tin)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup tomato passata
- 70g frozen peas
- 1⁄4 can of tinned sweetcorn
- 400g potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 400g beef mince
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
Makes: 4 servings
Allergens: Contains milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium-high heat (do not boil). Add onion and caramelise. Add mince and stir until browned.
- Add carrot, celery and pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add tomato passata and Worcestershire sauce and combine. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add peas and sweetcorn and combine. Set aside.
- Boil potato in a saucepan of water until cooked. Drain and add Ensure NutriVigor, butter, milk and sour cream and mash until smooth.
- Spoon mince-mixture into large baking dish and top with mash. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your